Friday 27 July 2012

Review: Existence by Abbi Glines

 Okay those of you who have read this will know exactly why I was all OMFG when I read the blurb on my Kindle -- I love this type of guy character -- but for those of you who haven't read it yet (but definitely should), I won't ruin it the way it did for me, since you don't find out what on earth Dank actually is for AGES.
 Pagan has always seen souls; she's used to it. But when one unexpectedly speaks to her, her world turns upside-down... and that's before the kid without a body ends up enrolloing in her school as rockstar singer Dank out of Cold Soul. What will she tell her boyfriend?
 ARGHGH! Okay, I'm going to have to be evil and start at how awesome the end was, because I simply haven't quite gotten over it yet. My jaw literaly dropped -- it was one of those books where it ends when you don't expect it to, and I was majorly surprised. ARGHGH!
 So now that's over, I can list the cons: as I already said, the blurb tells you too much about what happens; the conversation between characters was weirdly stilted; there were a few cringy bits; and it was sad enough to make you clinically depressed at some points.
 However, I'm afraid I'm a teenage girl with absolutely raging hormones. Dank was sexy enough to make up for all of that... that and the fact it was something different, stronger, and less soppy than your usual YA paranormal (although Torment fans should look for similarities in one of the characters nearing the last few pages), meant I HAVE to give this five stars.
Teenager out!

No comments:

Post a Comment