I apoologise for the following post. All the stuff I have to get done has made me brain-dead.
You may be aware of my propensity for procrastinating. You may also be aware of all the stuff out there on the Internet to stop people like me from doing what it is in our nature to do.
I downloaded one of these things. It's called Q10. It makes your entire screen go black, and anything you type comes up in tiny orange type.
Shall we do pros and cons? Yes, let's do pros and cons.
- You can't go on anything else (ie the net) without saving and exiting. It might not seem like that big a deal, but dudes: I'm lazy as owt. It really works.
- You can set a word count goal! Hurray!
- You can't really see what you're writing
- There's no spell-check
- It saves as a .txt file, which will mean a lot of fiddling about later on
- It has that thing where it skips a line when you press enter, like this:
- You can't format (centre, left, italics, etc)
I also feel like writing my lovely Hamlet re-telling is helping me to crawl out of the writer's block cave! Huzzah! I'm still having to toil, but today I kind of enjoyed the work -- I went 8% over my goal because of the feels! YAY!
Just wait til Day 7. I will be crying into the Internet's shoulder.
Post a Comment