Tuesday 14 February 2012

Review: Man on a Ledge

Yes, I'm reviewing a film. Get over it.
 Okay, so the first thing I thought when someone said 'we're going to see Man on a Ledge' was, well, damn. I expected it to be another one of those lame, not-so-action-packed Hollywood films that are actually only worth the money you paid for the popcorn (mmm, popcorn), but I was wrong.
 That might be a slight lie -- it was still full of stupid things like jumping off a building and not dying, but hey. The ridiculousness is what we go for, right?
 Man on a Ledge also had humour, though. Yeah, humour. I actually giggled a little now and then. I would like to reiterate the point that this was made by Americans. I am almost in shock.
 Not only that... well, you already know that because I just said more than one thing, but hey -- there was what all of you Eat My Book superfans love; a story. A cute, heart-warming, prove-my-innocence-else-I'll-jump story. Awww.
 And that's all I have to say, because, as I'm sure the more avid and observant of you will have noticed, I'm supposed to be re-drafting this book, not letting it sit in the deep dimensions of before re-read and after re-read space. Grr.
 So: 4 stars for a cute film that wasn't just about shooting people.
 Film chick out!

No comments:

Post a Comment