Friday 12 April 2013

What I did yesterday (because I know you care)

I went to the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth. Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking. I went to a museum like ten minutes from my house, how interesting.

Yeah, you guys are mean.

What I was there for was a thing. Yes. A thing. Some of you may remember that I went on an Arvon course in February (or you might not, I can't rememeber if I posted about it). I had a great time and we wrote loads of Bronte-related stuff (when in Rome/Yorkshire, after all). We also looked round the about-to-open Bronte Parsonage Museum, which was fun, and they let us look at some of the things they had, for example a tiny little book written by the sisters and their brother, and a toy lion, and then we wrote about them, or the place as a whole, or whatever caught our fancy.

Those poems and pieces of prose (by which I mean 'piece of prose', as I was the only prosey person in the village) are up all around the museum, and they're all actually quite good and everything was actually quite interesting and fun and stuff. Besides being in a place were people kept saying 'Charlotte' and turning around and realising they're talking about the Bronte sister. Awkward.

So that's what I did yesterday. This will not be happening tomorrow. You do not want to know what I am doing today --shudders--

Only Prose-girl in the village out!

No comments:

Post a Comment