Wednesday 31 August 2011

Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Kindle store blurb: 'Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memoriries. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an arguement that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works...until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going off the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much...' (If that's copyright infringement, it totally wasn't meant)

 Amazing. That's all you need to know about this novel. I gave it five stars on my Kindle, but looking back at the other books I've given five stars, this deserves at least seven.
This book was enrapturing, captivating, and beautiful. I couldn't bear to put it down, and even when I had to, all I could think of was what might happen next. The characters were totally believable and instantly likeable; unlike London, I couldn't see what might happen next (plot-wise)... and the grammar was perfect, unlike in pretty much all other e-books I've read (yes, it IS a pet hate of mine).
The only downside to this book is how short it is. Note to author: PLEASE write a sequel! I think everyone who has read this book will agree with me. In fact, I know.
So, recap: UTTERLY AWESOME MUST-READ, a gazillion stars, and I demand a sequel.
Slightly obssessive reviewer out!

No comments:

Post a Comment