Saturday 28 April 2012

Review: Twice Dead by Kalayna Price

I know, I know, maybe I should stop reading all these Kalayna Price novels... no, that's not gonna happen.
 Kita found the rogue, and everything is dandy. Or it would be. She's still a vamp, she still can't touch her cat, and there might still be tagged humans out there. And don't forget that the judge is breathing down her neck.
Yup. Everything's dandy.
 Those of you who've been following along will remember that I didn't click with this series as much as the Grave Witch series. Well, they're still different, and you still have to suspend disbelief a bit more for this one, but it's grown on me. Or should I say, Nathanial has grown on me. He might not be Death, but he's not the stuck-up dude he was in the first book, either. In fact, he's almost needy in what he wants from his Kitten, which makes it even cooler when she's sitting there still confused -- and Tatius doesn't exactly help that, which I love. Tatius is probably one of the greatest characters in the series, simply for his callousness and the way he makes Kita feel.
 So, I've gone off on a tangent or two, but again, the story was full and interesting and complicated and pretty full-on. Um, yeah, I loved it.
 But there's something I can't put my finger on. Maybe the story is too thin to fit around the plot, or maybe the books are too short, I don't know, but there's something that's not quite there...
 I dunno, but it didn't stop the book being brilliant, and the next one looks like it will be frikkin' epic, so I gave this five stars anyway.
Tatius fan out!

No comments:

Post a Comment