Friday 26 April 2013

Kindle vs Kindle-with-a-light-on-it

It's a bit of a mouthful, I know. But today, you get to find out lots of things. Mainly about my life, but a few things might be slightly helpful.

My brother got a Kindle with a light on it during the hols (in techy terms, I mean the Kindle Paperwhite, I think), which tells you how little actual fun stuff I've got done in the past three weeks because I've only now got round to writing this post, but anyway. When he told me he had ordered a Kindle, I thought a few things. One was that he didn't really read enough to be worth it. The second was, 'ugh, it's got a light on it, the point of getting one is so its not like the glare off a tablet or phone'. Hopefully, I'm not the only person who has had the second thought about e-readers with lights on them.
 Let me tell you, people who agree with me (because we all know you're contractually obliged to agree with me), we were wrong. Wrong wrong wrongitty wrong.
 It's weird, but there isn't any glare. It's a light without glare. Yes, I just said that, Mind = blown, I'm sure. I don't know how it's possible, but the light doesn't hurt your eyes. Even, worse, it has a touch screen. When I first saw an advert for one with a touch screen, I didn't see the point. But again, I was wrong. It's cool. You can turn pages and highleight things and look up words in the dictionary and all sorts.
 Mine, you have to use buttons. Buttons. And you can't read in the dark. And it's old.
 However, it also has more (and better) books on it, so in my Kindle vs. my brother's, I obviously win hands-down.

In other news, I have been re-reading the Alex Craft novels and noticed that, either by accident or design (probably accident since I don't believe it's a word across the pond), the people who police the Fey are, ironically, called the FIB.
Fairies can't lie. Fib. They can't fib. LOL.

Charlie out!

No comments:

Post a Comment